Wednesday, January 26, 2011

INSPIRATION UNDER GLASS

"Never put someone on a pedestal"
That's what my daddy once told me
Me being young and dumb
It made no sense back then

"Look but don't touch"
That's what my momma once told me
As her peach cobbler sat on the window sill
Made for her company, but not for me

So here comes you
Looking fine and sweet
And perfect
All I want to do is caress your face
Touch your hair
Feel your skin
And bask in your essence
Your essence to move me
To my optimum potential
You're so close
Your perfume fills my mind
With scenes of what it would be like
To possess you
To kiss you
To love you so strong
That you whisper in my ear
"You're the best"

But I put you on a pedestal
I made you so big in my dreams
That in my reality
I made you impossible to approach
I look but don't touch
Because me being with you
Would be a blemish on a flawless painting

You're my inspiration under glass
My fingerprints on the exterior
Longing to touch you
But afraid to do so

How do I hold you
And not destroy what you mean to me
How do I caress you
And not mess up the perfection
That I cannot possibly satisfy
Are you too good for me
Or am I not good enough for you
Maybe both
Either way
The dome I've put over you
Is impervious to my advances
You're so beautiful
That the pleasure of seeing you
Pains me to my core

You're my inspiration under glass
My fingerprints on the exterior
Longing to touch you
But afraid to do so

And that's just the way it has to be

No comments: